05 January 2012

Winter Wardrobe | post 04

Winter Essentials
Happy New Year! I can't believe another year has come and gone, and that it's already 2012. I don't know about you, but I feel like I need a new wardrobe for a new year!



Having just recently moved from warm weather, to cold weather, I have learned a thing or two about dressing for cold winter days. I am going to share with you a few essential pieces you may want to add to your winter wardrobe...

*


1. A big, slouchy sweater: I love to have an oversized sweater as part of my winter wardrobe, it's pretty essential. I have a few oversized cardigans that I wear to death in the winter. You can wear it in so many ways. You can pair it with a belt, or wear it loose. You can wear it with jeans or leggings.


2. Skinny jeans: Okay, I know skinny jeans aren't for everyone, but I think most of us can get away with wearing them, seriously. You have to wear them correctly. I like to pair my skinny jeans with boots, or even ballet flats (for the warm-weathered friends). If you're wearing skinnies, don't pair them with a tight, short top. You have to have balance. This would be a good time to pull out the slouchy sweater and maybe cinch it with a belt.


3. Leggings: Again, leggings might not be for everyone, and maybe they're so 2010, but I think they're cute {and comfortable}. I like to pair my leggings with boots, or even little booties. #1 cardinal rule: if your leggings or skinnies have a pocket, you can get away with wearing a top that doesn't cover your bottom. If there's no pocket, cover the tush, ladies! And, if you're bottom heavy, cover that tushy.


4. Boots: I have like 5 pairs of boots in my winter wardrobe. I know, I know, maybe a little too much, but I love them. I have a pair in every color. They are so fun. You can wear them with skinnies, leggings, dresses, skirts, anything! I'm digging the low heal, or no heal. I'm also tall, so heals make me look like a giant. Every girl should have a pair, or two, of tall boots.


5. Scarves: Scarves are so versatile. I seriously love them. They are definitely a staple in any winter wardrobe. They are a key accessory, and sometimes they just complete the outfit.




Don't forget to accessorize, ladies! Sometimes it's the little accessories we add that just complete the look. But, don't go overboard. Less is more!






No comments:

Post a Comment

{Thanks for visiting our blog! We appreciate all your comments and will answer any questions you may have.}