22 February 2012

Spring Fashions | post 17



A maxi skirt

I dare you to find anything sister-wifey about this skirt. Can't do it, can you? It's all in the happy-making color and the silky sway of the fabric that hints at what's underneath when you walk. They suggested adding a simple turtleneck, but eh, I'm not a huge fan of turtlenecks, and I know a lot of you aren't, either. Maybe try a simple t-shirt or even a light sweater. I love this look for Spring!




Anything with a peplum

What is a peplum, you ask? Definition of PEPLUM: a short section attached to the waistline of a blouse, jacket, or dress. Before you look at this '40s-era flourish and think, Yeah, not on my hips, take note: An otherwise trimly cut jacket like this one, paired with slim pants, gives anyone a showstopping hourglass of a figure. So cute!

In case you're wondering, because I was! {Blazer, H&M, $39.95}




Bold blush & a fun hair clip

How's this for a double shot of energy? First, swirl a blush you can actually see on the apples of your cheeks; poppy pink works on every skin tone. Then, tuck a flashy-pretty clip or comb into the side of a low bun. Couldn't be easier.




Printed pants

Word is, these are probably the biggest trend out there for spring. That doesn't mean I'm sold on them. I might as well stick a flourescent sign on my rear end that reads, wide load. In silky fabrics and slim, not pj-ish cuts, they're figure-friendly (and crazy comfortable). Balance them out with neutral, slightly flowy pieces on top. You haven't convinced me yet, but I might give them a try!




Colorful lace

A hue this vibrant, material this luxe--there's a lot to love here. The key to feeling confidently covered in a sheer top is wearing a skin-tone tank underneath. And go for something more conservative on the bottom, like this sweet pencil skirt. I'm digging this look.




The Jackie O. Dress

This flirty spring dress flatters every shape and adds a touch of class to your warm-weather wardrobe. Pair it with a little sweater and some flats and you just might be the talk of the town {in a good way}.

L.L.Bean Signature, $119




Spring Flat

Okay, I found this cute flat somewhere on Facebook, but now that I'm going through all my FB friends status updates, I can't find it anywhere. I wanted to give credit where credit is due, and also so you can all go out and get yourself a pair. Sorry, I will keep looking. I need {not want}, a pair for spring! Oh, oh, I found it... It's from Thistles Home and Gift. Click here. They also have a store in Draper, yea! It's at 217 E. 12300 S. Ste. J1. Check it out, I know I will!


Read more: Spring Fashion and Beauty Trends - Redbookmag.com



1 comment:

  1. I've got to say Spring is my favorite season! Thanks for the post!

    -A.

    ReplyDelete

{Thanks for visiting our blog! We appreciate all your comments and will answer any questions you may have.}